Monday, December 20, 2010

FORK!

This weekend I had some much needed girl-time with my Fallon. She and I went shopping and I bought myself two new pairs of shoes, seen here:


Those would be my Jessica Simpson shoes. LOVE them.



And THESE are my new BCBGeneration shoes. Oh my goodness...they are so cha-cha.

I know they look very similar, but they really are different. I spent a stupid amount of money on them, but I don't care. I deserve my cha-cha shoes and I shall have them! So there. I even brought a pair down to the Villages with me! After shopping, we returned to her house and proceeded to bake for seven hours. Yes. Seven. Hours. But it was fun. Some memorable quotes from that baking odessy:

"FORK!"
"Oh, I see you have turned that into a verb. Well done...well done..."

"Now would be the time for you to yell 'ASSIST!'" 

"What the fuck is Divinity?"

"What do you mean 'hard ball'???" 

"Wait...now 'soft ball'????"

"Yoda seems to be missing an eye...perhaps we should make him an eye-patch? Pirate Yoda? Anyone?"

And the number one quote: "Oh my god I love this song!"

Ahhhh, good times. I really needed that day to remind me again that I have so much in my life to be happy about. I hope you all have a friend like mine, who can say she loves each song she hears and actually mean it. And who can turn nouns into verbs and it actually WORK.


So, here I am in the lovely Villages. The drive down here was so peaceful. My GPS took me down some back country roads, so I got to see of the more rural parts of Florida. It was just me, my music, and the road. If I had known driving by myself could be so therapeutic, I would have done it a lot sooner. This was actually the furthest I have ever driven by myself. Every time I have gone on a long road-trip, I have driven with someone. Now, I may just want to always go by myself. This has made me want to drive cross-country more than ever. Perhaps one day. It got to a point where I didn't want to stop driving. I just wanted to keep going and keep thinking. It's surprising where your mind goes when it's given the chance.

Anyhow, tonight my dad took me and his lady-friend Marilyn out to dinner. It was so cute to watch the two of them as we all got progressively drunker. Yes, friends, I got drunk with my dad and his girlfriend. Awesome. Oh well, it was all in good fun. The dinner conversation wound down to talking about farts and the new blankets that absorb the smell of them. Genius!

Who says Southerners have no class? Pssh.

That's all for now from The Villages. More tomorrow.

-A

1 comment:

  1. I love that your Pops has a girlfriend! Woo! :) Love the shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete