Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photo Challenge

Ok, I'm stealing this idea from my cousin. Yes - I am a thief. But that's okay because I think I might be fighting off the mother of all head colds that has been traveling around this dirty fair city of mine. So I'm entitled to pilfer, dangit! 

That being said, here's what you do:

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show

Day 04 - A picture of your night

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory

Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item

Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh

Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most

Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate

Day 12 - A picture of something you love

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist

Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity

Day 19 - A picture and a letter

Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel

Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change

Day 25 - A picture of your day

Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you

Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
 
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of

Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

I'm probably not going to post everyday...I'm lazy like that. I know, I know. I hear your wails of sadness. 

You'll live. All 2 of you. Haha.

Anyhow, here goes:





1. In the last seven months, I have moved three times. I'm kind of over moving. I think I'm done for now. And I will never ever move myself ever again. Hiring people to do it for you is so much better. Standards, people. Standards. (see? snobbery)

2. Like my cousin, I cannot hold my alcohol. I am a midget so you give me two drinks...of ANYTHING and I am down for the count. At least I'm a cheap date. Lucky E.

3. I grind my teeth really bad at night. It's so bad it wakes my boyfriend up out of a dead sleep and he has to punch nudge me so I'll stop. I have to wear a mouthguard at night but I don't. Because I'm vain that way. 

4. The one thing that terrifies me most on this planet is the idea of my setting foot on a airplane. I have never been in a big airplane. I did, however, go fly in one of those teeny tiny little itty bitty suckers once. Thanks, James! I think that was probably the closest I ever came to death. Or clouds. I was full of mixed emotions on that plane ride. And Zanax. I was full of that too. 

5. Like my cousin, I also tend to speak with a British accent. I have no idea why I do this. Sometimes I will just start pronouncing words in a very un-American and British way. I'll catch myself doing it and pause, pondering why it is that I speak this way. And then I will continue to ramble on as if I'm from across the pond. 

6. I have two cats. Yes, I am writing about my cats. Deal. I wouldn't trade either of them for anything in the world. Well, maybe a very large and expensive diamond or a really large and expensive car. But barring that, nothing could ever separate them from me (hi, I'm Ashley. I become extremely snobbish when I'm sick). However, the little one, Gypsy, has come perilously close to death several times when she has decided that 1:00am is a GREAT time to start rattling the blinds behind my bed thus scaring me out of my wits. I have never beat either of my precious felines, but oh man, on nights like that, I have pondered how well cats and gravity mix....

7. I used to never want kids. They got on my nerves. With the crying and whining and messes. But now...now that I'm older and I get to spend time with tiny ones, I find myself desperately eager to become a mother. I think I'd make a kick-ass mom. 

8. I could eat nothing else but cheese and bread until I die. I'm totally serious. If it wouldn't make me fat, give me horrendous breath, and permanently clog up my intestines (sorry. sick, remember? I can get away with it) I would totally do this. But, unfortunately, my body, breath, and bowels have other foodstuffs in mind when they think of life-long commitments. 

9. I hate doing dishes. I loathe it. Every single second of it. I will do ANYTHING to get out of having to do them. And I do mean anything. You want me to go scrub a toilet? Sure! Take out the trash?? No problem! Mop the floors? Done! But if you want me to stand in front of a sink with dirty dishes, I will whine and balk and try my damnedest to get out of it. I'm not sure why, either. I just hate it. Hate hate hate.

10. I feel so extremely blessed to have the people in my life that I do. I have a wonderful family who makes me feel just a smidge less crazy on a day-to-day basis. Because I fit in with them, you see. I can tell them the crazy thoughts that barrel through my brain and not only do they relate, but they come up with even CRAZIER things that they have been pondering over. I love mi familia. I have a fantastic boyfriend who is constantly making me laugh and who reminds me on a pretty regular basis of how wonderful he thinks I am. A lot of times I look at him cross-eyed because I think he's full of malarkey (woohoo! I used "malarkey" in a sentence! Hah! Yes!.....sorry, blame the germs). And because I honestly and truly cannot believe how lucky I am. My friends make my world a better and brighter place to be. And I love each and every one of them, no matter how far away they may be. 

We'll see how it goes with tomorrow's post. If I'm still amongst the living. Because, as we all know, when Ashley get's a head cold, her throat will close up in her sleep, thereby causing DEATH.

Tah!
-A

3 comments:

  1. Dishes - yuk! Paper plates - yes! Wish they made disposable pots and pans.

    p.s. I love our crazy family too...immediate and extended. Wish we could be a real family again. How can we fix this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris and I were discussing this earlier in the week. We will pow-wow.

    ReplyDelete