Friday, February 18, 2011

Photo Challenge Day Dos!

Day Two! A picture of myself and the person I've been closest with the longest. This one was hard. There are only two people that spring to mind: Lisa and Jane. I have known both of those girls since middle school. They have seen me through thick and thin. So, Imma post a picture of BOTH! Why? Because it's my blog and I'll do what I darn well please.

Yeah, I so did.

 This would be Jane and I. Jane is one of those genuinely good people. Throughout my middle school years and beyond, this girl was my ROCK. I honestly don't know what I would have done had it not been for her kindness and her friendship. We went to different highschools but we always remained friends. Once college started, she and I were always close. I remember riding around in the Cutlass...with the neon lights in it. God we were so cool. Haha! I remember the day she packed out her room to go to Gainesville. One of these days I'll get around to scanning all of those photos I have and sending them to her. She had the craziest hair. I have always admired Jane for the person she is and how driven she was. She put herself through college and got her doctorate in Audiology. I have always wanted to resemble her in some way. While she is incredibly beautiful on the outside, it's what is in her soul that truly makes her beautiful. Anyhow, she lives in Washington State now and I miss her dearly. She will always be one of my dearest friends, no matter how far away she is. 


And this would be Lisa! My god, the crap she and I got into. Like Jane, I have known Lisa since she and I were in Middle School. Lisa and I became best friends in highschool and remained that way throughout college. She was always the one person I could tell anything to and she would never judge me. And I do mean ANYTHING. She and I had matching cars. She got a Saturn, I got a Saturn. She got a Firebird, I got a Firebird. Man I miss those days. When Jay and I broke up the first time, she was right there beside me, forcing me to eat donuts and assuring me that he was indeed a douchebag. That's love right there. A few years ago, she made the choice to become a traveling nurse. At first I was heartbroken that my bestest friend ever was leaving Jacksonville. But after a while, I realized that this was what truly made her happy, and I was glad. She's out in Oregon now, having the time of her life. I miss her intensely. I miss her laughs...and her snorts. I miss my schmoopies. But, I know that if I ever truly need her, she will always be there for me. No matter what. 

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment