Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shades of Grey

I have this thing. I tend to redecorate when I go through transitions in my life. Since I have gone through a transition recently, I have this terrible urge to redo my bedroom. I love to decorate. I always have. In the past, I have sometimes been hindered by others who would not let my creative juices flow. But now..

No one can tell me what to do! Bwahahaha!

Anyways.

My bedroom currently looks like this:


It's different shades of green. The duvet cover is white with multiple hues of green on it. My sheets are a dark sage color and my curtains are a sheer, pale green. When the sun shines through my window, the entire room is bathed a soft green light. It's really beautiful. When I was decorating the first time, green was my shade of peace. I was going through a rather turbulent time in my life and I needed a sanctuary.  So, a sanctuary I had! My mattress is huge and it swallows you up when you get into bed. I love that. 

Anyhow, now it's time for a change. My life is no longer turbulent and I need something chic. I've been looking at a lot of different websites and I am really loving the shades of grey that seem to be popular right now. I love how the whites and greys and blacks fit together. It doesn't look depressing either. I figure I need to start with my duvet cover first. I found two that I really like.


I love the scroll design on this one. I have always loved white comforters with colored accents. It just looks so clean and crisp to me. 

However, this one I think may be it. I love things that incorporate nature into the design. It's been my experience that you should bring some nature indoors. This is just my way of doing it...without bugs. No one likes bugs!
The sheets would be a darker, metallic grey, similar to the green sheets I have now. Throw pillows would be in shades of grey and black. Since my bedroom furniture is a really dark brown, I think the white would contrast beautifully. It will be a work in progress. 

I'm excited. I love to redecorate things!

-A

2 comments:

  1. love the second one. have you considered lavender -- or lavender and grey - very soothing.
    mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! Mom has a blog. AWESOME. I got your email. I think lavender accents in the room would actually be really nice! It would mesh well with the greys and whites :D

    ReplyDelete